Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Formal Apology for My Lethargy!

I feel bad about not posting so much anymore. By this point I assume no one would be checking, but I must push on! I need to get a blurb about the road trip out then I'll move on.  It was nice, but overall uneventful. An 8-hour trip turned into 9.5 when I decided Nebraska was boring me. I turned west into Wyoming. There were no regrets.



Colorado is a pretty cool place. Almost as wonderful a place as they make it out to be. The mountains begin west of Denver. Until then the land is very much the same as what I was familiar with - rolling, endless plains. The Rockies change the scenery rather abruptly. Obviously. From a distance they look like gray clouds. As you approach, the enormous rocks jutting out of the landscape become a bit more intimidating, and then you enter the valley. Towering mountains and cliffs of red, grey, and green surround the valley. The roads are on bridges and mountainsides with steep grades and everyone drives 90mph.

I arrived in perfect time to sit through the closing rush at the shop Jess works at.
Since arriving I have done a lot of relaxing, thus the lack of posts.  The past couple weeks have been spent eating, sleeping, drinking, riding around Vail, and hiking. Also hanging out with Jessy and Eric.

My next post will be about some of the hikes around here. Maybe some day to day too. Who knows. As for now I have bike ride to get out of the way before a hike to Booth Lake.





No comments:

Post a Comment