Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Aberdeen is still nice

I didn't do much today. After deciding to change routes yesterday, I hung around to plan my new route carefully and prepare for multiple days of isolation west of the Missouri river (by overeating). The planning involved more conversation with Dave, which led to the disclosure of important details, like the laser light show at the Crazy Horse monument, and the old timey train that runs from Hill City to Keystone.

After lunch I watched too much of a bad movie before heading downtown to the bike shop. There are no bike shops between here and Rapid City, 330mi away, so I had the bike checked out. I also talked routes with the guy at the shop and got some new fancy padded bike pants so my butt don't hurt so much. God I hope they work.

Tomorrow I head west on rt12 toward Mobridge. According to the locals it's exactly 100mi. I haven't confirmed that on the internet yet. The plan is to cross the Missouri River at Mobridge and head south through what looks like the literal middle of nowhere en route to the badlands - the actual literal middle of nowhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment