Friday, August 8, 2014

Successes and defeats

I met a guy from Fargo today. He's staying at a campsite near me. That's pretty cool because he gave me directions. It seems I will now being going up to Detroit Lakes then onto route 10 into Fargo. Because I need to go to a bike shop and, if possible, a phone shop.

Overall it was a good day. I had an easy morning ride into Perham, MN where I had a patty melt and a mid-day nap. The Patty melt was from a place called Brew. It was delicious. After the nap I pumped up my tires, adjusted and tightened the rear rack, and dropped my phone, shattering the screen. Woo!

So I pedaled off in a rage, which I quickly calmed myself down from. Don't worry though - the rage came back later when I got to my destination. You know I can't just let that slide.

The second half of the ride was constant rolling hills. 23mi of them. Solid leg day. Unfortunately about halfway in one of my gears started slipping, thus the need to go to Fargo - bike shops.

I reached Maplewood State Park at 4:30. Getting a campsite was quick. Finding it was another 2mi of hills - though beautiful ones - and 1/4mi of dirt road, cause, ya know, it's only right to give the guy on the bike one of the deepest campsites in the park. Ah well. It's nice here. I made 52mi today. And I met that nice guy from Fargo who is here with his "2nd family." Now I'm going to make some pasta sides and reconstituted beef jerky.

He also gave me zebra cakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment