Friday, August 8, 2014

I didn't go to Fargo

It was too FAR so I didn't GO!

I went to Fergus Falls instead. Luckily there is a bike shop here, so I got my jawns taken care of. It's also en route to Wahpeton, North Dakota which made it much more convenient than the 100mi detour that is Fargo. Sorry guys, no wood chipper pictures.

My stay in Maplewood was just lovely. I was on the road by 9. At 10 a priest was buying me McDonald's breakfast. Midwestern folk are good people. 

The ride to Fergus, which I deemed flat during my "thorough" planning phase, was mostly hills. Almost 40mi of them this time. With a friendly headwind. I'm going to look like the inverse of a stereotypical steroid user after this - rock solid legs and a flabby torso. Eh, anything is an improvement over where I was.

Fergus Falls surprised me. There is actually a town, with neighborhoods, and places that appear to employ locals. It's a nice change from the clearly poor towns I have been finding myself in. This one at least appears to have a working economy. And the rodeo is in town! Oh boy.

This is my last day in Minnesota, unless I decide to go to the rodeo tomorrow. So this is my last day in Minnesota. Tomorrow I should reach the southeast corner of North Dakota. That's about all of that state I plan to see. My route heads southwest through South Dakota across the Missouri river and into the Badlands. At this rate I'll be there by April 2016.





1 comment:

  1. I love reading all of your posts and love being able to see what you do each day
    LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete