Thursday, August 14, 2014

Friendly Warnings

Today was an exceptionally nice riding day. I rode a total of 61mi to the town of Bowdle, where I am currently camping at the city park... really really hoping it doesn't rain.

I left Aberdeen around 9. The skies were overcast after a night of periodic storms. It remained overcast the bulk of the day, AND, with the wind blowing from the southeast (remember - I'm heading west) things were good. I took a nap in a park, had a staring contest with a herd of cattle, and got free food from some bikers who pulled me over to offer me free food.



I headed to the gas station when I got to town because, like in many of these towns, the gas station is the only food spot available. There I was questioned thoroughly by a pack of elderly folk. They are not too happy about my new route. Desolation, heat, rattlesnakes, and lack of water were discussed. I'd be lying if I said they didn't scare me some. So I'm gonna look into that again. Next stop is still Mobridge. I'll figure out what to do there. Maybe I can get some tubes and float myself and my bike down river. No issues finding water there. I believe that'll keep the rattlesnakes away too.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Nick. I signed up for "atom" and had this blogspot address.
    I think you should take a pretty direct route to Denver. The weather has had an amazing long, good streak.
    Watch the forecasts and plan accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave wants to know if "Food" is code for "Meth"

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could get meth I might have been able to cross the river today...

    ReplyDelete