Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dem skeeters

It's like they're all laughing at me, waiting for me to leave my cocoon so they can feast again. After wandering Lyons state forest for an hour I realized I was not going to find a camp site, so I dipped off into the woods. Approximately 0 seconds later, the swarm was upon me. By swarm I mean I had to put on my rain jacket while setting my hammock up faster than ever. Now I'm sitting here, killing the few that get in and cowering in fear of the mass off ecologically useless parasites around me. Now to figure out how I'm going to get my sleeping bag...
The rest of the day was good. Kinda late start but I made it to my destination and managed to tack on an extra 8 miles in wrong turns and pointless wandering. Guess I learned my lesson there. I also learned that 'state park' and 'state forest' mean completely different things.
Time for dinner. On the menu is beef jerky and blueberries. That's what I managed to throw in the hammock before I locked myself in.
I should have brought ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment